The Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club is committed to encouraging, promoting and supporting ecological consciousness. Here is a sampling of steps our hotel has undertaken to help save our one planet!
- CFL lighting has been installed in nearly all areas of the hotel, including guest rooms, bathrooms, corridors, offices, storerooms and as adaptable in some outdoor areas. Annual reductions from CFL lighting is estimated to be in excess of 100,000 kilo watt hours per year.
- State-of-the-art on demand water heaters have been installed to meet nearly 80% of the guest room hot water demand more efficiently. Annual estimated fuel savings 10% -15%.
- Dimmers are in use in many areas to reduce lighting levels during nonessential periods.
- Low-voltage lighting has been installed around the hotel property.
- Staff and guests are requested to turn off the lights and TV, and close the drapes when you leave your hotel room.
- Use of pesticides and all lawn and garden chemicals are kept to the absolute minimum necessary around the hotel and our golf course.
- Food waste is given to local pig farmers which reduces the impact on landfills.
- Cooking fats are recycled.
- Newspaper, office paper and cardboard are recycled.
- Water flow restrictors are installed to ensure adequate water flows while conserving water usage.
- Low temperature dishwashing is used which reduces the amount of hot water and propane fuel being used.
- Low volume toilet tanks have been installed throughout the hotel and all rooms.
- Reusable placemats instead of table clothes used to save water use in laundry.>
- Plant and lawn clippings from around the hotel and golf course are used in composting.
- Boilers are serviced twice each year to ensure maximum operating efficiency and lower fuel consumption.
- Insulated blanket installed each night over heated swimming pool to conserve energy. Propane consumption has been reduced nearly 1/3 with the use of this blanket.
- Linen change cards are available for guests to elect to reuse their sheets and bath linens in order reduce water consumption in our laundry.
- Room darkening shades are available to help reduce heat loss in the evenings and heat gain in rooms during warm weather.
- Because our weather is often quite cool, guest rooms are not air conditioned and this contributes significantly to saving the environment.
- During periods when guest rooms are not occupied, thermostats are lowered to conserve fuel oil.