The Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club is pleased to be a pet friendly hotel. Pets are welcome but before you plan your visit we ask that you read our Pet Policy terms. Upon check in you will be asked to sign the Pet Agreement. This agreement will ensure the comfort of your Pet as well as other guests and our employees.
Restrictions do apply...Pets must be at least 12 weeks old and not exceed 60 pounds.
Our insurance carrier prohibits us from allowing the following breeds/mixes ... Pit Bull, Rottweiler, German Shepard, Huskie, Alaskan Malamute, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Presa Canario, Boxer, and Dalmatian.
If your pet is not excluded by these basic restrictions,
please read our Pet Policy and submit the Pet Registration Agreement that follows.
Planning before your stay - Pet Fees and Restrictions:
- We have a limited number of Pet Friendly rooms, so please confirm well in advance if your travel plans include your family pet. If you arrive with a Pet unannounced and do not have a PET room confirmed we may be unable to accommodate your reservation.
- A fee of a $35 per night fee will be charged per room. A maximum of two animals per room is permitted. Service animals are exempt from this fee.
- The Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club asks all pet owners to respect our policy which has been designed to ensure the comfort and security of all our guests. Pet owners in violation of the policy below will be subject to a $250.00 charge for the violation, and may be asked to leave the property. No refund will be given for the unused portion of your stay.
- The Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club reserves the right to receive full reimbursement for any damage anywhere on our property, for whatever reason, caused by your pet. This includes reimbursement for lost revenues resulting from disturbance or allergy complaints by other guests.
- A non-refundable $250 fee will be charged for any unauthorized pet on property along with nightly pet fees.
- Guests bringing pets to the hotel MUST register a cellular telephone number at time of check in so you can be contacted should your pet need assistance. This is for the safety of your pet, and as a courtesy to other guests.
- Guest must agree to sign a Pet Registration Agreement upon check-in, which includes an acceptance of all liability, for any dog or cat staying in the unit or being on the hotel property. A responsible adult registered to a unit accommodating a pet must indemnify the Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, its employees, officers and guests, for any and all damages, losses, claims, and reasonable legal fees. Guests traveling with pets should consult their personal insurance carrier to ensure they have liability coverage while visiting the Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club. Should a guest refuse to agree to this indemnification, they will be asked to leave the hotel property and their reservation is subject to cancellation and forfeiture of their advance deposit.
During your stay:
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times when on the property, and the adult owner must hold onto the leash. Please do not let your pet off leash at any time while on our property. Please do not leave children responsible for your pet.
- NH Health regulations do not permit pets in the dining areas, or designated food service areas – this includes the outside upper level veranda, Highfields Dining Room, Eagle Landing Tavern, Carriage House, Carter Notch Room, Eagle Mountain Room or any other food service designated area.
- Pets are not allowed on the Eagle Mountain Golf Course.
- Please do not stay in the lobby with your pets, this includes time spent waiting for friends, and gathering in common lobby or library areas. Not all guests enjoy our pets as we do.
- A pet is permitted in the designated guest room or suite only and their presence in the hallways and lobby is limited to entering and exiting the hotel.
- Pets may be left alone in the hotel guest room when the pet owner is on premises only. Guests going off premises may not leave their pets unattended in the hotel room or on our premises including in parked cars. If pets are found left in parked cars for an extended period of time the animal control officer will be called.
- Pet owners must undertake all measures to prevent their pet from loud, frequent, habitual barking, howling, crying, yelping, biting or other harmful or guest disturbing behaviors. If there are complaints from another hotel guest due to any noise, disturbance or harmful behavior caused by your pet, you may be asked to remove the pet from the hotel and no refunds will be given for your stay.
- All guests are expected to pick up after their pet, no exceptions. The Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club prides itself on being clean and safe for all guests.
- Housekeeping service will be provided only when the pet is absent from a unit. Housekeeping service must be scheduled through the Front Desk.
- Accidents can happen, please let us know promptly so the stain can be treated appropriately. If a pet has an accident anywhere in the hotel, please notify the Front Desk and cleaning supplies will be provided for the pet owner's use. You will be held responsible for the cost of any repairs or commercial cleaning that may be necessary as a result of damage or soiling caused by your pet that cannot be remedied by hotel personnel.
- Terms outlined in the Pet Policy may be subject to change and without notice.